Here are some vegan options to our recipes.
Eggs - I recommend Bob Mills Egg Replacement.
Buttermilk - Take the amount of requested buttermilk and substitute an unsweetened plain and non-dairy milk and add 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for each 1 cup of non-dairy milk.
Butter - for cooking and baking. Vegetable oil may be used as a replacement for butter or margarine . Using the measurement of 1 cup butter/margarine and replace with 3/4 cup oil.
To replace butter to top pancakes, use a vegan butter substitute. Earth Balance is a vegan butter alternative that I prefer.
Patty-Up® Burger Mix can also be made into crumbles for toppings on your favorite foods. To make Patty-Up® Pieces, prepare Patty-Up® according to directions on a single packet. Then crumble the sautéed Patty-Up® to small pieces that are well browned. Sprinkle over:
¨ Ready to eat Chili
¨ Pasta with or without spaghetti sauce
¨ Your favorite salads
¨ Rice / Quinoa
¨ Use to replace ground beef for Taco night or Sloppy Joes
Simply mix Patty-Up® according to directions on bag and then make it your own way by adding any ONE of the following:
· 1 teaspoon thyme for a woodsy flavor
· 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce for tart yet sweet tangy flavor
· 8 finely chopped capers for saltiness
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet onion for juiciness
· 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard for mellow spiciness
· Splash of red wine for a bold taste
· Drizzle of sesame oil—teaspoon sesame seeds—dash soy sauce—dollop of curry paste (for Asian nutty flavor)
· 1 tablespoon Steak Sauce for sweet, tangy beefy taste
· 2 tablespoon Black Bean Hummus—or any flavor you prefer
· 2 tablespoon finely ground Quinoa—Rice—Beans
· 1 teaspoon Ras El Hanout classic seasoning blend—chopped raisins—dash cinnamon (for a taste of India / Moroccan)
· 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence seasoning for a French twist
· 1 teaspoon Mexican chili powder—finely chopped peppers—dash oregano—garlic—splash of Siracha (Spanish flair)
To mix Patty Up® Dry Mix into your favorite ground meats, just add ¾ cup Patty Up® (or one single packet) to two pounds of ground meat. Gently blend in two eggs and one tablespoon oil along with ¼ cup water and salt and pepper. You can also add 1 tablespoon of your choice of seasoning to make it even more ethnic or exotic. Let it set for 10 minutes. It will double the usual servings for one pound of ground product.
Make your own burgers - with or without ground meat - and, if desired, customize with your own seasonings. Patty-Up® Burger Mix can be cooked ahead and frozen in freezer safe baggies or containers.